Last Update: September 1, 2019
- This Privacy Notice applies to your use of CLEARVIEW’s products, services, website, and application. Click here for more details about the scope of this Privacy Notice.
- We collect and use the personal information you agree to share directly with us or with third parties online. We collect technical information through our website, our mobile application and our social media channels, using cookies and other similar technologies. You can block these cookies but in such a case we may not be able to provide you with all our website’s functionalities. Click here for more details about our website and application privacy.
- We may collect personal information about you and about employees of our customers directly from you and from our customers. We may use such information to provide our customers with products and services and for our internal purposes. Click here for more information regarding how we collect and use your information.
- We share your personal information with service providers, who can be third parties or affiliates. We only share with them limited information and they are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose than servicing CLEARVIEW. We may also provide your information to third parties should we undergo a business transaction, reorganize or finance our business. Click here for more details about how we may share your information.
- When you use our products or services or visit our website, you are bound by this Privacy Notice. You can withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time. For instance, you can opt-out from receiving any of our marketing emails. If you do so, we may not be able to provide you with all of our services. We may nonetheless keep your information if we have a legal basis to do so. Click here for more information about how you can withdraw your consent.
- We store and process your personal information in Canada. If we ever store or process your information outside of Canada we will strive to protect it in compliance with the regional regulations and applicable laws. Click here for more information about how we may transfer your information abroad.
- We retain your personal information for the time period necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with applicable law. Click here for more information about our information retention practices.
- You have the right to access your personal information and to have it corrected. Click here to find out how to exercise your rights.
- If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or about how we handle your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a customer of CLEARVIEW located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, please consult the DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT REGARDING THE PROCESSING OF CUSTOMERS’ EMPLOYEES DATA which provide you with further information and details regarding how we process personal data of your employees located in the EEA or Switzerland.
Quick Service Software Inc. (“Quick Service Software”, “QSS”, “CLEARVIEW Solution”, “CLEARVIEW”, or “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to providing transparency with respect to its practices in handling your personal information. To that end, this Privacy Notice is a formal statement of rights and obligations concerning the minimum requirements for the protection of personal information processed by CLEARVIEW on behalf of its customers. Since CLEARVIEW is a provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions for financial management, food cost management, and labor management established in Canada and serving customers in various countries, this Privacy Notice is intended to establish responsible and transparent practices for the management of personal information and to satisfy the requirements of rules established by applicable law, including the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”), as well as the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
1. Application and Scope
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect and use when you interact with CLEARVIEW’s products, services, and website.
- 1.2 This Privacy Notice also generally applies to any personal information (as defined below) collected or generated by CLEARVIEW, or anyone acting as an agent on our behalf, from or about our potential and current customers, our customers’ employees, and other individuals which whom we deal with, which may include, users of CLEARVIEW services and job candidates, in any form. At any time that you do business with CLEARVIEW, or with anyone acting as an agent on our behalf, or interact with us in any manner, you are protected by the rights and safeguards contained in this Privacy Notice and you explicitly agree to its terms.
- 1.3 When used in this Privacy Notice, and consistent with PIPEDA and the GDPR, “personal information” or “personal data” means any information about an identifiable individual. This may include, for example, your name, contact information, email address, information relating to your account with us, including your identity and the services you use and subscribe to, IP address, billing records, and any complaints documented in a file. Personal information that is aggregated and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual is not considered to be personal information.
2. Website and Application Privacy
We collect and use the personal information you agree to share directly with us or with third parties online. We collect technical information through our website and online applications, using cookies and other similar technologies. You can block these cookies but in such a case we may not be able to provide you with all our website’s functionalities. We share your personal information with third parties which can be affiliates or service providers.
2.1 CLEARVIEW generally collects and uses personal information from or about its website visitors and users as follows:
- Information you provide. In many cases, we collect personal information directly from you when you visit or use our website or customer portal or use our mobile application (“App”). For instance, we may collect the following types of information:
- We may collect your name, phone number, e-mail address and any information you provide us when you make an inquiry or contact us through our website. We will only use this information to provide you with the information requested or to contact you in order to answer your questions and/or requests.
- Requests for Services. We may collect your name, contact information, e-mail address and any other information provided to us when you submit a request or an order for CLEARVIEW software or services. We will only use this information to process and answer your request or to manage our everyday business needs in connection with such participation or request.
- Your Account. We may collect personal information about you when you log-in through the Customer Login section of our website or through our App to access our software products and interact with us through your account. For instance, you may decide to modify your account information or other preference settings. We will only use the information that you provide us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Information about our customers’ employees. When your organization is a customer of CLEARVIEW, we may collect from you certain personal information about employees of your organization when you log-in through the Customer Login section of our website or through our App to access our software products and interact with us through your account. For instance, you may add or modify personal information about a given employee. We will only use the information that you provide us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Technical information. When you visit our website or use our App, we may collect, using electronic means such as cookies, technical information. This information may include information about your visit to our website, including the IP address of your computer and which browser you used to view our website, the time you accessed or used our website, your operating system, resolution of screen, location, language settings in browsers, the site you came from, keywords searched (if arriving from a search engine), the number of page views, information you entered, advertisements you have seen, etc. This data is used to measure and improve the effectiveness of our website or enhance the experience for our customers. For instance, it may be used to ensure that the services advertised on our website are available in your area and that we are showing you customized content and promotions on our website which are of interest to you. We treat this information as personal information when it is associated with your account or contact information. For instance, we may collect and use the following type of information when you visit and/or interact with us on our websites:
- Social media. This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us through our website or social media channels but we may also collect it from you where we communicate with you by telephone, post, email or other means of communication. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of social media networks you participate in (“Social Media Channels”). Where lawful to do so we may also obtain it (or combine it with information from) from public sources, third party service providers or individuals who have indicated you have agreed for them to provide your personal information. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as our LinkedIn page) through which you allow us to collect information about you, (including personal information) such as details of your friends/connections, “likes”, comments you have shared, groups and location. We may collect information about you in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and send you employment opportunities which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Third party services providers. CLEARVIEW uses other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, sending out information, processing transactions and payroll information, and analyzing our websites. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal information they need to deliver those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using that personal information for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics which allows us to see information on user website activities including, but not limited to, page views, source and time spent on our website. This information is depersonalized and is displayed as numbers, meaning that it cannot be tracked back to individuals. You may opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- Privacy Policies of Third Parties. This Privacy Notice only addresses the use and disclosure of information by CLEARVIEW. Other websites that may be accessible through our website or App have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
- IP geolocation. In the event that you download and/or use any of our software or App, we may require and collect, directly from you, information necessary to authenticate you. We may also record your IP geolocation, allowing us to block the access to unauthorized users.
3. Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you directly from you and, if you are an employee of one of our customers, from an authorized representative of such customer. We may use such information to provide products and services and for our internal purposes.
3.1 We collect most of the personal information about you directly from you, with your consent. We usually collect your name, address, phone number(s) and email address, as well as other account and payment information, including information pertaining to your use of our services when you register with us. If you are a candidate for employment at CLEARVIEW, we also collect information from you regarding your education and work history. We may also obtain personal information about you that you made public on third parties’ websites, including social media, the whole in accordance with those third-parties privacy policies and applicable law.
3.2 CLEARVIEW generally collects personal information from or about its customers and their employees, candidates and other individuals with whom it deals, and thereafter uses it, for the following purposes:
- to establish, develop and preserve its business relationship respectively with its customers and other individuals with whom it deals;
- to create, establish and administer customers’ accounts and to respond to customer or supplier inquiries;
- to provide the services that it offers, or receive the products or services that it requests, and ensure that all related transactions are supported and implemented;
- to establish or verify the credentials of candidates or customers;
- to authenticate the identity and preserve the privacy of customers and candidates contacting CLEARVIEW by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- for internal training and quality assurance purposes;
- as necessary, to establish or verify the credit of persons that use, or intend to use, one or more of the products or services offered by CLEARVIEW;
- to manage its businesses and ensure the efficiency, reliability and security of its systems;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements and allow CLEARVIEW to meet contractual requirements relating to the services provided to customers and candidates;
- to ensure its records are accurate and to protect customers and CLEARVIEW from error and fraud;
- to understand and assess the interests, wants and changing needs of customers with a view to improving its products and services and developing new ones; and
- to provide personalized services as well as product recommendations to customers.
We also use your personal information subject to your Right to Withdraw Consent provided in this Privacy Notice:
- to communicate with you for the purposes of providing you with advertising and marketing messages pertaining to additional products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to personalize our advertisements to ensure that such advertisements are of relevance for you;
- to conduct surveys on the quality of our products, services or customer service.
3.3 When possible, rather than using personal information, we will anonymize and/or aggregate personal information so that it no longer identifies an individual, and use it for the purposes mentioned above or any legal purpose.
3.4 If you have applied for employment with CLEARVIEW, we will use your personal information for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes. For example, we may send you information about new job opportunities within CLEARVIEW as well as other career development resources, subject to your Right to Withdraw Consent provided in this Privacy Notice.
3.5 Unless required or authorized by law, CLEARVIEW will not collect or use personal information for any other or new purpose without obtaining further consent. For details on the type of information that we collect via our website or App and on how we use and share this information, please refer to the Website and Application Privacy section of this Privacy Notice.
3.6 We do not knowingly collect information from children, and we do not target our websites to collect information to children.
4. Your Consent
When you use our products or services, visit our website or use our App, you agree to be bound by this Privacy Notice.
4.1 CLEARVIEW obtains consent from the individuals concerned for the collection, use, processing or disclosure of personal information through various means: orally or through written documents, including agreements, forms, as well as printed or electronic communications. The form of consent sought by CLEARVIEW will vary according to the sensitivity of the personal information, the reasonable expectations of the individuals and any requirements or standards established by law.
4.2 In general, by subscribing to CLEARVIEW products and services and/or submitting information to us in connection with using CLEARVIEW products and services, you are providing your consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice, and, as applicable, in any agreement you may enter into with us. Moreover, by visiting, interacting with and/or using our website, you agree to benefit from, and be bound by, the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice.
4.3 For more information on how CLEARVIEW may share personal information, please refer to the Sharing of Personal Information section of this Privacy Notice.
5. Right to Withdraw Consent
You can withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information at any time. For instance, you can opt-out from receiving any of our marketing emails. If you do so, we may not be able to provide with all of our services. We may nonetheless keep your information if we have a legal basis to do so.
5.1 If you withdraw your consent to the use, processing or sharing of your personal information or the personal information of employees of your organization for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, you may not have access to all (or any) of our products and we might not be able to provide you with all (or any) of the services. In certain cases, we may continue to use the personal information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so, or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities or to certain elements. For example, we may keep information if we need to do so to comply with a legal obligation, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
5.2 Consent may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice; however, without such consent, CLEARVIEW may limit the services it is able to provide users, customers and candidates. You may also withdraw your consent as follows:
- New products and services, commercial electronic messages, marketing emails. You can always limit the communications that CLEARVIEW sends to you. To opt-out of commercial emails, simply click the link labeled “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any commercial electronic messages we send you. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional communications, we may still need to contact you with important information about your account.
- Telephone marketing and quality control communications. If you shared with us your phone number, we may contact you by telephone. You may decide that you prefer CLEARVIEW not to use your personal information to promote new and/or additional products and/or services which may be of interest to you and refuse that we contact you by telephone for marketing purposes or by email for quality control purposes. If this is the case, you may advise us by contacting customer service or contacting us using the information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
5.3 For information on how you can limit the type of information that we collect, use or share about you when you visit and/or use our website or app, please refer to the Website and Application Privacy section of this Privacy Notice.
6. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with service providers who are assisting us with our operations. We only share with them limited information and they are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose than servicing CLEARVIEW. We may also share your information when required to do so under applicable law or to a person who we believe is authorized to represent you. Finally, we may provide your information to third parties should we undergo a business transaction, reorganize, or finance our business.
6.1 Personal information may be made available by CLEARVIEW to third parties to fulfill the purposes for which it has been collected or as set forth in this Privacy Notice. CLEARVIEW will NOT share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third party. However, we may share your personal information when authorized by law or as follows:
- To third party service providers. We may hire service providers, which may be affiliates or third parties, to perform services on our behalf. This may include, without limitation, a person or an organization retained by CLEARVIEW to perform work on its behalf, including for the management of payroll processing. We provide them with a limited amount of information which is necessary in order for them to provide the services required. They are prohibited from using the information for purposes other than to facilitate and carry out the services they have been engaged to provide. These service providers are not permitted to disclose this information to others. CLEARVIEW will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to confidentiality and security procedures and protections that are, at a minimum, equivalent to those employed by CLEARVIEW itself.
- As permitted or required by law. From time to time, CLEARVIEW may be compelled to disclose personal information in response to a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, valid demand, search warrant, government investigation or other legally valid request or inquiry. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful or to law enforcement and emergency services providers, in an emergency or where required or permitted by law. We may release certain personal information when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such release is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of others and ourselves, in accordance with or as authorized by law.
- Business transaction. We may disclose personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re-organization or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
- Other types of sharing. We may provide personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgement of CLEARVIEW, is acting on behalf of the concerned individual or his/her employer.
6.2 Only those employees of CLEARVIEW or trusted third party contractors, who need access for business reasons, or whose duties reasonably so require, will be granted access to personal information about customers and their employees.
6.3 For information on how you can limit the type of information that we collect, use or share about you when you visit and/or use our website, please refer to the Website and Application Privacy section of this Privacy Notice.
7. Personal Information Stored and Processed in Canada
We store and process personal information in Canada. We strive to protect your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice, wherever it is stored or processed.
- CLEARVIEW maintains its services in Canada. The storage locations are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance, and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect under this Privacy Notice is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law where the data is located.
- CLEARVIEW will strive to protect personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements requiring that those third parties adhere to confidentiality and security procedures and protections that are, at a minimum, equivalent to those employed by CLEARVIEW itself.
8. Security of Personal Information
We protect your personal information against security incidents.
8.1 We use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use, loss and disclosure. CLEARVIEW has implemented security measures that contain administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to safeguard your personal information. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit any data (such as messages, attachments, etc.) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
We only retain your personal information for the time period necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with applicable law.
- CLEARVIEW retains personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purpose will be returned to our customer or destroyed.
- Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria we use to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide the services and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those services, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Do users provide, create, or maintain the information with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? Examples include your login credentials. In such cases, we maintain the data until you ask us to delete or to cease using it, or until our retention policy settings are fulfilled.
- Is CLEARVIEW subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
10. Access and Correction
Individuals have the right to access their personal information and to have it corrected.
10.1 CLEARVIEW respects individuals’ right to access and correct their personal information. If you have an online account with us, you can log in through our Customer Login at any time to access and update the personal information you have provided to us. If you need assistance with the access or correction of personal information, please contact us using the contact information detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
11. How to Contact Us
11.1 If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or the personal information that CLEARVIEW has about you or your organization’s employees, please contact us by email at: email@example.com or by mail at:
342 Townline Road
Data Protection Statement Regarding the Processing of Customers’ Employees Data
Last update on: August 16, 2019
We process personal data of our customers’ employees in our role as a data processor for customers in the course of delivering our products and services, where such personal data is collected originally in the context of the activities of an establishment of a customer located in the European Economic Area (including the United Kingdom following its exit from the European Union) or Switzerland or to which the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or similar legislation applies. This additional statement applies to the processing of personal data on behalf of our customers in addition to the main terms of CLEARVIEW’s Privacy Notice and of the agreement entered into by CLEARVIEW and its customer, as applicable. In case of a contradiction between the Privacy Notice and this statement, the latter will prevail.
1. Lawful Bases for Processing
We will only process your personal data on behalf of our customers and upon their instructions.
1.1 We only process personal data pertaining to our customer’s employees in accordance with the agreement entered into with our customer. We may also process such information to fulfill legitimate interests. For example, we may process your personal data to protect you, us, or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud), to comply with laws that apply to us; to enable or administer our business (such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service), to manage corporate transactions, (such as mergers or acquisitions); or to understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally.
2. Transfer of Personal Information Outside of the EEA or Switzerland
We may process personal data of our customer’s employees outside of their country of residence, including in Canada.
2.1 We may process data outside of the EEA or Switzerland, including in Canada. Canada has been recognized by the European Commission as granting an adequate level of protection to personal data. We are using legal mechanisms to lawfully transfer your personal data between the EEA, Switzerland and non-EEA countries.
3. Collaboration with Customer
We will forward request or complaints regarding customer’s employees’ rights to our customer and will collaborate with our customer to assist with its data protection obligations under applicable law.
3.1 CLEARVIEW will promptly notify the customer of requests or complaints related to the processing of personal data by CLEARVIEW that are received directly from customer’s employees without responding to such requests or complaints, unless otherwise provided in the agreement entered into between CLEARVIEW and the customer.
3.2 We will respond promptly and appropriately to requests for assistance from our customer to enable it to comply with its obligations, subject to applicable law and in accordance with the agreement entered into between CLEARVIEW and the customer.
4. Questions or Complaints
4.1 If you have any questions regarding our data handling practice, please contact our representative in the European Union using the contact details provided below.
4.2 Customers’ employees also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority or the courts of the region or country where they are located.
5. Representative in the European Union
Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH
Hagenauer Strasse 43
65203 Wiesbaden, Germany